how to EXCEL at work
I saw a discussion about street smart on LinkedIn and thought this is quite a good reminder of how to excel at work (as a leader) and would like to share with you.
"You could consider the following depending on the situation:
- Be diplomatic and tactful in your approach
- be ready to share the credit with the Team ( or your Boss)
- sell your ideas and convince the people that it was their idea in the first place
- Make people in your team realise that its their business process. They own it.
- Take risks and explore ideas but stay in the background - otherwise people get worried
- Care for people - once you have their confidence they will share their ideas with you
- Listen to people (including Bosses)
- Be careful with people who spell trouble. Tell them only what is necessary.
- Do not trust people who are trying to compete with you"
I agree most of the points and found "sell your ideas and convince the people that it was their idea in the first place" fun to try out though I am skeptical about it. But I was stimulated by it and thinking out loud, "how does it work?".
Over to you...
how is it for you? What do you do that made you successful so far?
Any overlaps from the list?
What do you do that don't serve you?
Would you consider take on new approach?
Feel free to use it (or not use it) the way you'd like to. Have a great day and keep progressing. :-)